Do you have what it takes to inspire people to practice—rather than just talk about—innovation? Professor Bob Sutton digs into the differences between leading innovation and managing routine work, reviews the hallmarks of skilled leaders with a special focus on staying in tune with the people you lead. The course features interviews with three star innovators: Mauria Finley, experienced corporate executive at large firms including Netscape and eBay and now CEO of Citrus Lane; Perry Klebhan, former CEO, inventor of the modern snowshoe, and head of executive education at the Stanford d.school; and Diego Rodriguez, partner at IDEO, author of the renowned Metacool blog, and cofounder of the Stanford d.school.
Learn How To:
- Manage creativity and innovation
- Develop the skills of an in-tune leader
- Build and maintain a talented, motivated team
- Close the knowing-doing gap
- Embrace "failure" and learn from it
- Robert Sutton